Having given your topic a thought, I think there are three types of people.
Type 1: People who are only taught to look not think
- These are the people who are brought up to believe in stereotypes. For e.g. if you wear a saree, you have a behenji mentality…or if you wear a bikini, you are easy and slutty…or if you wear jeans to office, you take your work casually…and so on and so forth.
- They are not taught to think deeply, or look beyond the outer shell of just about anything...people, houses, situations so they take everything at face value.
- More often than not, they are a product of extreme low confidence. They are not proud of where they come from, who they are and this more often than not rubs off on their opinion of others.
Type 2: Those people who blindly follow culture and traditions
- These are, more often than not, the opposite of the people above. They have a false superiority complex about themselves.
- It has been ingrained in their mind that they are superior to others and they must not waver from this mindset. Their minds have been trained to be fearful. If they do not follow the customs and traditions, bad will befall them etc.
- As a result, they follow religion and culture almost blindly, and often are the butt of jokes by equally shallow people like the ones above. Both, Type A as well as Type B, generally move around in their lives with blinders on their eyes, judging, criticizing, bitching… ignoring the needs of their own soul.
Type 3: These are people who live and think for their own soul
- It is these people who have shaped the civilizations with their thoughts and deeds. They have the capacity to move with the times. They make and follow their own paths…not worrying about what people have to think or say.
- They follow traditions which they think is fitting. They adapt and make their own changes and are not fearful of implementing them.
- These are the people who have found a balance with their spirit. It could be the girl who wears shorts because she is comfortable in it and nothing else. She could also be the girl who is a scholar in Vedic studies.
- Or it could be the guy who will only wear a dhoti while his friends wear jeans, simply because it is more comfortable. Who’s to say that he is not a lead singer in a rock band?
Finally, its up to you to decide which type you want to be.
So that’s what my take is on the subject. Feel free to add comments if you have other opinions.