Never give up, no matter how bad you are

I've been wanting to learn dance since I was a kid. Never got a chance. So finally when i got the opportunity, last year, at the age of 37, I began to learn dancing...hip hop, none the less. One of the most vigourous dance forms I think, ever invented!!!

Let me be honest. My myth about my skills as a dancer were busted in a couple of weeks. I'm terrible. I can't stretch, I'm self-conscious and I cannot remember the steps no matter what I do. Thank god there are no mirrors at our studio. To add to my agony, I am in a class filled with twenty year olds.
So you can only imagine my horror. So many times, in the last year, I have thought of giving it up. 

But then I read this article and it's changed my perspective towards the art. It's by one of my favourite authors called Leo Babuata. Here it goes...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to combat swimming pool chlorine

She may wear shorts...so does that make her a slut?

Bollywood needs to shape up or be ready to ship out